What is #StartOnYourShelfathon?
#StartOnYourShelfathon is a 2020 star-themed readathon hosted and run by CW from The Quiet Pond. The aim of #StartOnYourShelfathon is to read as many unread books on your bookshelf as you can between December 13th 2019 and December 31st 2020.
#StartOnYourShelfathon isn’t an ordinary readathon too! The mascot of #StartOnYourShelfathon is Castor the Star Collector who is also a sloth friend of The Quiet Pond, who has lost all the stars he has collected over the years and needs your help to find them again.
For every book that you read as part of #StartOnYourShelfathon, you collect a star that you can add the star to your ‘star map’. Read books, collect stars, give yourself an amateur star-collector name, and create constellations! You can read Castor’s story and find information about and resources for the readathon here.
Information about Joining #StartOnYourShelfathon
- Join the StartOnYourShelfathon anytime between Dec 13th 2019 to Dec 31st 2020!
- To join #StartOnYourShelfathon, create a blog post, bookstagram post, booktube video, Twitter thread, or whatever medium you wish, with ‘#StartOnYourShelfathon’ in the title or your tweet.
- In your post/video/thread, announce that you will be participating in the readathon. List your readathon goals and the books you plan to read! (Post templates and readathon banners can be found in the readathon resources below!)
- Link back to this post so that others can find this readathon and join in.
Share your updates on your blog/bookstagram/booktube and social media. You are more than welcome to tag @thequietpond on Twitter in all your updates! We would love to see your progress and your star maps – in-progress and completed!
My #StartOnYourShelfathon Goals
[If you have any, share your readathon goals! For example:]
- My #StartOnYourShelfathon goal is to read every single book that I have on my bookshelf.
- My #StartOnYourShelfathon goal is to read three books a month during 2020 that I have on my bookshelf.
[You can also share the first star map that you plan on finishing! You can download resources for the stars and star map here. Here is an example of a star map you’d like to finish, using the ‘placeholder’ stars:]
My #StartOnYourShelfathon TBR
I’ll be honest, I don’t do TBR’s. It honestly makes me not wanna read the book so mine will be what ever I pick up because I have over 100 on my shelf (between physical and e-books)
If you want to join #StartOnYourShelfathon, you can read more information in the readathon information post at The Quiet Pond.
The second challenge that I will be adding is #ARCapocalypse host by Howling Libraries. I have extremely too many unread ARCS that I want to read and review and that is a big goal this year as well.